12 Week Cycling Training Plan for Beginners
Get lean, build neuromuscular coordination and develop muscular endurance. This 12 week periodized training program is ideal for beginners, those preparing for an upcoming event or anyone wanting to build a strong fitness base.
If you’re new to cycling, returning from an injury or want to get lean and fit to hang with a group ride, then this is the program for you.
Our 12 week Cycling Training Plan for Beginners is the foundation for our other training programs. This program teaches you the necessary skills and builds the strength and endurance to lay the foundation necessary to advance to our climbing, build, peak and century training modules which feature more intensity. We recommend this for riders who are brand new to training.
The Program Features:
- 12 week periodized training program with 3 rest weeks built in
- Designed to help you get lean, build endurance and neuromuscular coordination
- Lays the necessary foundation for more advanced work and high intensity interval training
- Ideal for all cycling disciplines
- Workouts are designed around Lactate Threshold Heart Rate (LTHR), measured with a heart rate monitor or Functional Threshold Power (FTP), as measured with a power meter