Your cycling gloves may be the smallest item in your cycling wardrobe, but they have a vital role to play in helping you cycle in comfort for longer.
In winter, you’re unlikely to consider leaving the house for a ride without pulling on a pair of warm gloves. Your hands can quickly get cold and trying to shift gears and operate brake levers with numb fingers isn’t anyone’s idea of fun, whether it’s from hand fatigue or the elements.
But in summer, when temperatures are balmy or even hot, you may be tempted to leave your gloves at home. Rookie error… You see, gloves aren’t just designed to keep your hands warm. They wick away sweat and improve your grip on the bars, as well as cushioning your palms to help prevent chafing. And if you do take an unexpected tumble, they’ll protect your hands from grit rash.
Cycling gloves are a personal choice. What fits one person may not suit another. But with that in mind, we’ve rounded up ten of the best cycling gloves on the market.
Up Front Best Cycling Gloves
- Louis Garneau Vorttice Glove: Best Overall
- Pearly Izumi Pro Aero Gloves: Best for Road Cycling on a Hot Weather
- Pearl Izumi Select Gloves: Best for Hand Numbness
- INBIKE 5mm Gel Padded Cycling Gloves: Budget Pick
- Scott Endurance SF Glove: Best for Long Rides
- Sportful R&D Cima Gloves: Best Summer Cycling Gloves
- Leatt DBX 4.0 Lite: Best Mountain Biking Gloves
- Castelli Estremo Gloves: Best Winter Cycling Gloves
- Giro Women’s Tessa Glove: Best Women-Specific Cycling Gloves
- Louis Garneau Rafale 2 Glove: Best for Cool Weather riding